Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I had a great weekend. I was blessed to be able to go and spend time with Hannah in Tacoma. It was wonderful and I really, really needed it! I have found that with my crazy life here that I have had to remove myself from the area in order to truly rest and recover. We had so much fun watching movies (Fred Claus - very cute), getting a pedicure, going out to eat, going and seeing Rob Bell (who was new to me), sleeping in, shopping, etc. She is a dear friend and it was great spending time with her. Next time I travel up there I will take Jasmin.

Speaking of Jasmin, the honeymoon is definitely over! I need to be sensitive of her and can't write anything since this is somewhat public - but if you want details let me know.:-)

Cheer has been very, very hard. Last night I had to dismiss a girl from the squad. Even after she had PLENTY of warning, I was literally sick over it and felt like I was breaking up with a boyfriend or something. I did not want to do it but knew it was the right and fair thing to do. Anyway, I am glad it is over but I am praying that she will be able to continue on in her life OK (not that cheer is everything but I don't want her to think that I didn't 'want' her) and that she will be able to make better decisions in all areas. Other then that the girls are tired (as am I) and we are all ready to be done for a while. The good thing is that basketball doesn't really start until after the new year. The bad thing is that we are going to playoffs for football and who knows when that will end.

Here is an updated pic of my niece:

I saw her at lunch. She is the cutest ever. She tells me "hi" and gives me a big smile when I see her. Today I heard her say "no" for the first time and I had to force myself to keep from laughing. She is so darn smart too. Such a delight!

No comments: