As I am writing this I am sitting in the living room of our rented condo in San Diego. It is right on the water. About 15 steps from the sliding glass door we are in the waves. It is great! We arrived here last Saturday and we leave tomorrow. My mom, dad, brother, SIL, niece, and our dogs all came down for Easter Break. Highlights have been walks on the beach, Old Town, Ikea, a trip to our old house, Gaslamp Quarter, USS Midway, movies, priceless times with family, and more. We can also see Tijuana and walk there if we wanted too (we are THAT close). It has been a great week. As most vacations do, it went by too fast! Unfortunately I did not take one picture. Boo!
I haven’t been posting lately because I 1)Feel that I do not have anything interesting to write about and 2)Cannot post about some things that are going on (such as work cases that need to be private). My life is the same routine and while work keeps me on my toes the rest is fairly predictable.
I am joining a growth group at my church. I was so hoping I would be put in a group led and with other single women my age, but alas, that did not happen (the joy of living in a small town!). I am disappointed but I will just come into the group at a different angle – one of a Bible Study rather then of a small group. It is only a six week long group and I am already praying that I will be open to what God has for me there even if it isn’t what I wanted/needed. I am looking forward to being in an area where there are plenty of people in the same place that I am in the near future (on the same note, please pray God provides in this area.).
There are two major life-changing events happening in the next four or so months. Message me if you want to know more – I don’t want to put it on my blog just yet!
Super Nanny is on in the background right now. Ugh, this show definitely reinforces my belief in spanking!!
Easter is on Sunday. I wish I looked as forward to this holiday as I did Christmas. I know it is the world’s influence, and that obviously Easter is the most important day for Believers, but it still seems to sneak up on me without as much study and reverence as it should. I need to be consciously aware of this for the next couple of days. Does this happen to you too?
May will be here before we know it and it will be HOT! This summer is going to be awesome, so I am looking forward to it. Just can’t believe it is right around the corner. WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hope your time in San Diego has been restful! I can't wait to hear all about it! Call me when you get home. And don't feel guilty about not taking pictures - sometimes its good to not worry about that stuff! Miss you!
Just found out there is at least one other single woman in my group who is my age. And, apparently, she lives in my neighborhood! PTL! Yay for new friends...and for what God will teach me and how He may choose to use me to teach others.
well of course I want to know more...
THanks for your comments about the agency questions I had. I mentioned to Ryan that you weren't impressed. He said someone's gotta be first. I agree but at the same time, I'm not sure I wanna be the guinea pig for our first adoption.
My friend Cori lives near where you stayed... she visits the gaslamp area a lot. She needs lots of positive influence!!!
Post a Comment