This morning I turned on the radio and heard Christmas music on several stations. I thought, "What in the world is going on?" But I was so excited because I absolutely love Christmas music and Christmas time. Well, I finally figured out that today is the 25th and we are 5 months away from the big day. Turns out people were celebrating Christmas in July. How fun! It made for some good listening while heading back to New Jersey from Virginia.
This past weekend I went down to visit Kristin. She and I went to Lancaster County on Saturday and Sunday. It was GORGEOUS there. Maybe I'll do YL there someday if central PA doesn't work out? Who knows?? But is was a lot of fun. We stayed at a really cute (and old - but charming) hotel, took a tour by bus and train, drove ourselves around a bit and ate at fun places. The pics below were mostly taken by Kristin - so Kristin thanks for sharing!
Camp pics are below as well. It was a great week. Upstate New York is very nice. Can't wait to go and do some more exploring. Anyone up for a trip to that part of the state? The highlight of course was that all 10 non-believing kids became Christians. PTL!
Today was "triple H" which means hot, hazy and humid. Yikes! So not fun. I am so grateful for my brand new air conditioner unit! This is a fun story and I will close with this...
My apartment (one of three in a big old house) does not have air conditioning. I thought I would be able to make it through this summer and then worry about getting a window AC next year. (Since I was going to be gone so much for work, etc.) Well, I came home from camp and my house was like an oven. There was no way I was going to be able to make it through this summer. Plus, I sleep upstairs (and my computer is here as well) and heat rises so therefore I was just miserable. (To sleep I had to completely soak my pajamas with cold water and put a fan up to the side of my bed.) I didn't know what I was going to do as I am not exactly able to just go out and buy an AC unit. Anyway, I got a random call from a committee couple who wanted to drop by. They came by and brought with them a window AC unit! I was so surprised, thankful and shocked that I started crying. Isn't God good? They even put it in for me. Now life is so much better in my house...or at least upstairs!!
I am coming home to CA soon - I CAN'T WAIT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
yeah for fun times, generous people, and friends coming back to Cali to visit. Miss ya and love ya.
Wow that is a great story! God certainly provided...
Hey, when are you coming to CA? Hope to see you while you're here!!
That's awesome. You definitely need an a/c this week!
God it great!! He always knows what we need & when we need it. Can't wait to see you. When are you coming? Detail please, I want to make arrangement so we call all see you. E wants to meet you!!;)
Miss Ashley. What were you thinking no air conditioning? I am sooo very sorry. I'm so jealous of you guys going to the park it sounds like so much fun. Glad to see that such great things are happening.
I still can't beleive you soaked your PJ's....hehehe
Post a Comment