Sunday, October 16, 2005

I LOVE SLEEP!

Oh my gosh, I feel so rested right now. Isn't it great how we feel after a good night of sleep? I was really hurting sleep-wise the past couple of days. I am so glad to have caught up on it this morning. My mind feels nice and clear today. Guess that will come in handy as I finish this huge paper that's due tomorrow, today.

SCHOOL UPDATE

Yesterday I had a good day. I have school one Saturday each month (and every Monday) and yesterday was my PBU day. Anyway, the best part of that was that my new friends invited me out to lunch with them during our lunch break. I was so excited. I know this might not seem like a big deal to you - but to me it was huge as I have been desperate for friends my own age here for the last year or so. I have been purposely sitting by these girls each lecture as they seem to be around my age and apparently it paid off as they came over and invited me out. Most of them live in the Philly area but one of them does live about 20 mins from me here in Jersey. It's all relative though as I would totally make the drive anywhere to hang out with friends. Anyway, not only am I loving school but through that the Lord is providing me with friends too!! It's been so great!

MORE FRIENDS

Speaking of friends I also have a new one who lives in Clinton which is about 15 mins. from here. She is my age, single, and is also from the WC. She is the new youth director at a church there and we have totally hit it off. In fact, she and I will probably be roommates in the near future. Praise the Lord for Hannah!

RAIN

It rained, I mean like torrential downpour, for the past seven days straight. It was crazy. Because I live between two rivers, we were under a flood warning practically the whole time. I love the rain so for me it was kinda fun. Although I'm sure I would be feeling much differently had I been flooded out like some people I know!! I believe we had about 15 inches total. I believe we set a new record as well. Someone said this is a sign of how much snow we will get. He better be wrong!!

CITY

I went into NYC on Friday. I got invited to go see the sneak preview of Narnia. (The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.) Oh my goodness, what an adventure that was. I picked up one of my volunteer leaders at 6:45 (AM!!) because we had to be in Westfield to meet other people at 7:30. Well, we got lost on out way to Westfield and at 8:30 after a bunch of random driving around we all decided just to meet in the city. Thank goodness I had Adam with me as I hate driving in the city and avoid doing it as much as possible. So here we were in the rain making our way into the city. The church the preview was at was in Brooklyn so we had to go through Staten Island and through most of Brooklyn until we arrived at our destination. We were slipping and sliding the whole way there. Now as I think of it it was really dumb of us to be driving in the conditions we were. But, heck, I'll do almost anything with the word "free" in it. So a half tank of gas and $18 in tolls later we made it to the movie. Steven Curtis Chapman was there and sang some songs from the movie and C.S. Lewis' stepson was there and spoke. They also had representatives from the production crew of the Walt Disney Company and Walden Media. Well it was fun to hear from these people but we began to wonder when they would finally just show us the movie. To make a long story short they only showed us a 10 minute trailer!! They totally misled us. Although we did get some free stuff out of it, such as a CD and book from S.C.C., I would not have driven into the city for a 10 minute trailer. Of course we all laughed about it, and still are, but I can't believe that happened to us. Too funny. What a waste of my day!

JANELL

One of my good friends from Kingsburg will be here on Tuesday. Yay! Each day I have been cleaning my house a little and getting ready for her visit. Should be fun and I am excited to spend time with her. Because she will be here for the next two weeks I don't know if I will be around to post on here, but I will definitely put up pics and do a recap once she leaves. We have a bunch of fun stuff planned which includes Princeton, DC (and seeing Kristin!), Philadelphia, Hershey, Lancaster County, possibly central PA, NYC and of course FLEMINGTON!:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Tamara B said...

i totally know how you feel on the whole finding friends thing. they're around, its just finding them. in our area, ryan and i have really seen and increase in the young adult group. people wanting to go back to the small town. be patient and enjoy the quiet time while you have it. at least people are willing to come visit you and see the sights. not much for big stuff around NE Iowa :)

Kristin said...

I need sleep really bad right now - again, I'm up too late. I told myself I'd catch up on blogs, and then post to mine - THAT isn't going to happen afterall tonight! I'm so glad those girls approached you to hang out - prasise God for friends!