Saturday, December 10, 2005

You know your from Kingsburg (or the SJV) when....
You have to explain to friends from out of town what animal "Tri-tip" comes from........
You think salsa goes on everything .....
Drivers think a red light is just a suggestion.
Your out-of-town friends start to visit after October, but clearout before the end of April.
The best restaurants in town start with "El" or "Los."
You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
People break out coats when the temperature drops below 70.
The pool can be warmer than you are.
You realize that Valley Fever isn't a disco dance.
You still don't know your way around downtown.
Anywhere "and 99" is too far away.
You think you're better than people from Selma, or Fresno, or ....
Someone mentions the Fair and your thoughts immediately turn toCinnamon Rolls.
You drive just as fast on a sunny day in June as a foggy day inDecember.
You have to explain to someone about "G Street."
The whole town shuts down at 6:30.
You complain about how boring Fresno is.
You hadn't been to Manchester Center in 10 years until the movietheater opened.
You never knew how you managed before River Park.
Someone from out-of-town talks about how foggy it is and you tell them, "Just wait."
You know not to take Shaw at 8, 12, or 5.
You swear there was an orchard there last week, where now there are houses.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Too funny - and so true! I especially like the "G" Street one - when I was younger, I kinda just figured everyone knew what that was - when I joined ADX I realized that the out-of-towners didn't. I also like the pool one - my dad always complains that their pool is like a hot tub in the summer - sound good to me right about now - it's freezing!

jerelyn said...

So funny! I can relate to the "I swear there was an orchard out there last week..." one, especially working out here in S-town. Man, fruit trees and grape vines are comin down like crazy and being replaced by homes. Kinda sad, now that I think about it!