Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Thanks everyone for caring about my safety. If you didn't read the blog before this, about the footprints, be sure to read it. Since that happened only one suspicious thing has happened and that was very early Sunday morning. (A little after 1 AM to be exact.) I awoke to a very loud noise and I was just frozen in my bed with fear. I told myself that if I heard it one more time I was calling 911 and waking Hannah. I have a basement window right under my room and I thought for sure someone was trying to get in. Whether or not that's true, there was not another noise. We went down to the basement and checked it out (in the daytime!) and it is a possibility that someone was trying to get in. (The window is too old to tell. It has cracks in it - and we just don't know if that happened from being forced open or if it is just due to being old and we just never noticed them before.) But, whether that's true or not, they did not succeed. Since then it has been hard for me to be home alone, especially in the night time. Hannah and I are hoping to get an alarm system for our house. We are tired of living in fear. We should feel safe in our own home - and who knows when this craziness is going to end.

On to other things...

This weekend I am going to visit Kristin in VA. While I am looking forward to being away, I do know that this is not the wisest move on my part. I am swamped with both work and school. But, we have been trying to get together for a while now and this weekend was the first time that worked for both of us since Christmas. So, l am excited about seeing her...and having fun with my friend will, of course, make it all worth while. :)

A big thing on my mind lately is our WyldLife ministry. We have our first club on Tuesday and I do not feel ready. I am super nervous about it. Please be in prayer for that. Other then that things with work are going well. We are planning on going to Mexico over Easter Break to build a house. I am hoping to take 5-10 kids. (We will be going with the CenCal group.) I'll find out my final numbers next week as that is when I have the deadline set.

Speaking of trips, I am going to Colorado Springs for work next week. That is something I am NOT looking forward to. Please, please pray for me in that regard. I really am dreading it for several reasons. Ugh.

PBU is awesome. I was accepted into a special mentor program so that has been great.

Well, I have to get going. I have more to write about - especially a supper awkward dinner I had recently with a complete stranger - and I will write about that later. It's quite a story! I always get myself in weird situations like that!!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday! <3

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm still up - craziness! I want to hear morea bout all this on your blog - especially the dinner :) I cna't wait to have un-rushed time to hang out this weekend!

jerelyn said...

I want to hear more about the dinner, and why you're not looking forward to any of these trips. Seriously! What's the deal?

I'm jealous you get to hang out with Kristin...hopefully I'll see you guys soon!

Tamara B said...

I'm ancy - do tell about your strange dinner