Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One of the kids I nanny for just got his permit. (You have to be 17 here to drive so 16 or so in order to drive with an adult.) Yesterday I was greeted with him sitting in his truck waiting for me. He had received the “ok” and was able to go out practicing yesterday. So, he drove us around and was quite proud of himself. He did a great job, and it got me to thinking about when I first got my permit and how absolutely nervous I was. But he did just fine. It was the first time I had to help teach/guide someone to drive. I felt like such a parent. But that is one of the reasons why I do enjoy nannying, I take care of these kids like a parent would, and I really like that. I do hope that God allows me to have children of my own someday.

Yesterday was also our first YL club of the semester. We are back in full swing now. This is my last semester with these kids. I am beginning to let people know. I have also decided where I will be moving to at the end of May…

California

Yes, that’s right, I’m coming back to the WC. This was a very hard decision to make. I was going to give myself these last few months to decide and apply for jobs in both areas, until God spoke to me on Saturday (or at least I think it was Him) and He told me to go back to CA. I then took a couple of days and wrote out lists about the good and bad of both places (which came out even – that was of no help!), and “pretended” that I was moving to CA, and then DC, to see how I felt about each. The result was that I still feel like God is telling me CA.

But this is just hard for me because I knew for sure, without a doubt, that I was meant to come to NJ. So not having that same assurance this time around makes me question where I am to move. But I really would feel apprehensive about either decision. So, the decision has been made and unless God clearly tells me otherwise, I am going to move forward with moving “home.”

I will miss the EC though in so many ways...truly. My biggest fear is that I will move home and regret leaving here. That is just a risk that I have to take. And maybe God will eventually call me back out here. Who knows? That is one thing I have learned in life – never plan or count on anything, because my plans aren’t the ones that matter.

But speaking of plans, I also think that God is calling me to learn more about going for my doctorate. I have two phone appointments this Saturday with two different Argosy University campuses. I am considering going for my Ed.D. in Pastoral and Community Counseling or my Ed.D. in Counseling Psychology. I could use your prayers on this one. It is a distance learning school so it will work well with living in Kingsburg and my job schedule.

That’s all for now. Back to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the WC needs to throw you a big party in recognition of the excitement you moving back gives to the entire region!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for a decision! That's awesome and the WC is happy to have you back. Any chance it's in So Cal? Or are you moving back to the Fresno area?