Here is a blog post for you all...finally! I apologize for letting my blog go for weeks without posting anything. Unfortunately this is going to be the trend for the next ten weeks. Because, ten weeks from today, I will be moving back to CA! Crazy, huh? I don't think that that reality has sunk in at all yet. To think that I am leaving my beloved EC is very disheartening. At the same time though I am praying that this is indeed what God will have me do next - move back to Kingsburg. Don't get me wrong, there are several things I am looking forward to about CA. And, I can always come back to the EC to visit, right? And, who knows, maybe I will move back here again someday if God allows it.
Once March hit my life became even busier and crazier then normal. As mentioned, this is how my life will be from now on until the move back to the WC. Every weekend is booked, and I am more then occupied with school (a 60 page paper that I haven't even started), work (both jobs), visitors, and hanging out with my EC friends as much as possible. So, I apologize in advance for not being a good blogger in the weeks to come. But, I will try to drop in every once in a while.
I got back from WA yesterday morning. I went for a long weekend to visit Hannah in Tacoma. I had a great time hanging out with her. She seems to be very happy in her new job and new location. I'm so glad for her. We did a lot of fun things. We went to Pike's Place, the first Starbucks ever, got pedicures, went to the Glass Art Museum in Tacoma, watched movies, went to her church, spent a bit of time with her family, went on a ferry, went to Gaswork's park, went to fun WC restaurants, etc. I was sick most of the time I was there, but was able to handle it up until Sunday night when I just knew I had to see a doctor to get on some meds. I had a red-eye back to PA on Monday night and knew that I needed to be feeling better in order to do that. The doctor thought I had walking pneumonia, but after x-rays revealed I didn't (praise the Lord), I was diagnosed with viral bronchitis - which, lucky me, means no meds. However the Lord gave me strength and I felt a bit better on Monday and was able to fly back as planned, and although I am still home sick, I am improving each day. Anyway, the ER trip was quite the adventure. Let's just say that Hannah and I got to mingle with some of Federal Way's finest. And I definitely mean that in a sarcastic way.;-) Ask me for details.
The weekend before that I had a high school friend from the WC come out to visit me for a long weekend. Alena had never been to the EC before and we tried to fit the highlights into her whirlwind trip. We went to D.C. and hung out with Kristin and hit all the major monuments and memorials, and then went into NYC for a couple of days where we also were able to get a lot of "touristy" stuff in. It was good having her here.
See what I mean about being busy? (But you know I love it when it involves friends!) And this weekend Kristin is going to come and stay with me. We are considering going into NYC for the St. Patty's Day parade. Whether we do or not, it will be fun to have her here. She has not been to Jersey since early Fall.
School is good. I am counting down the weeks though! I think I might have a touch of senioritis...or whatever you call that apathetic feeling that comes over a person during her last semester of grad school. I am so ready to be done with homework!! I think I only have seven weeks left... I think I can hang in there!:-) Now on to that massive paper. Yikes!
The weather is warming up a bit and I do believe that Spring is around the corner. Everything in WA was blooming and it made me so excited for that to happen here. I miss my green trees and all the pretty scenery. I also miss my flip-flops! Isn't March 21 the first day of Spring? Yay - it's almost here! Here's to hoping we won't see any more snow!
That's enough updating for now...see ya later alligator!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment