Monday, August 27, 2007

I got a job and start tomorrow! Yay! I will be a social worker for the foster family agency division of Valley Teen Ranch. I am really excited - and nervous too.;-) I will let you know how it goes.

Holli was here for a little over a week. Here is what we did in her words:

california was a blast. i had so much fun and got to see and do some pretty cool things. the best part about it was getting to see ashley. i miss her when i don't get to see her that often. i was able to do everything i had wanted and so much more and am blessed to have been able to go. here is a brief recap of the events:

San Fran: Fisherman's wharf, pier 39, west coast clam chowder in a famous sourdough bread bowl and ghirardelli's ice cream. I also got to go to my first Oakland a's game and ride the bart around town. Ashley and I also went to the movies to see becoming jane and it sucked. So if you were thinking about seeing it, don't do it.

Sausalito: got to see a lot of crabs, had an awesome raspberry mocha (like you really care), and went to an awesome store where i was able to purchase a plethora of things.

Monterey: got to go to cannery lane to all of the shops, buy a smores apple that i did not eat, and have a steak and lobster dinner. I also got to go swimming in the pacific with sea otters which was pretty cool…absolutely freezing…but nonetheless pretty cool.

Fresno/Kingsburg: got to hang out with ashley's family and meet her little niece, go to the raisin capitol of the world, eat at in-and-out, go swimming when it was like 105 degrees out, eat at a really good Mexican restaurant, and get my picture taken with a Swedish horse and Viking.

Yosemite: had a blast camping out with ashley. we got to see two bears and a lot of other random wildlife. The views were incredible and it is seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I also got to climb rocks and hike to the bottom of the only waterfall in the park that wasn't dried out.

LA: got a pretty sweet VIP tour of Warner Brothers studios from ashley's cousin who is a VP there. She took us around on a golf cart and showed us the sets of three and a half men, cold case, and ER. It was cool to see how all of that was done. I also got to see the Hollywood sign, the Chinese theatre, and went shopping on Melrose.

Pasadena: got to stay with ashley's really cool aunt and went to the cheescake factory for the first time. I got to see where the rose bowl parade takes place and hang out in old town.

Anyway, I got to do a lot of great things and am very thankful that I was able to go.

I will try to post some pics soon. Fall is right around the corner. Crazy!

2 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

This totally a Spring Break Flashback! Soooo fun. Congratulations on your job!!!!

jerelyn said...

yeah! glad to hear you found a job. how is it going so far?