Sunday, September 02, 2007

Good Sunday morning! I have a few minutes before I need to start getting ready for church so hopefully I can update you on my life in the time allotted. I hope that you all are doing well!

First of all I want to mention how much I love reading your blogs – even if I only catch up on them about once or month (or more!) or so. I read all of your posts and leave a comment on every one so you know I was there. I’m sure that all of you have noticed this with me and I wanted to thank you for being patient. I love each of my friends so much and of course want to know everything about his or her life so I encourage you to keep up the good work so I can be nosey and know all about you.:-)

This reminds me – Alisha – I can’t leave comments on your blog???

Some of you have asked about work. It is going well but I still feel like I am a bit, or a lot, over my head. I have so much to learn about the foster family system, state laws, etc. Once I learn everything I do think that the job will be a good fit and that I will really like it. In the meantime I am just trying to not to screw it up. I get to get out of the office when I go do court, home, or supervised visits so that is nice and helps to break up the day. The staff seems really nice and I enjoy the office atmosphere a lot. I also love the mission of Valley Teen Ranch so I am very excited about working with such a wonderful organization. Overall I know this job will teach me a lot and even though the pay leaves much to be desired I feel very blessed and grateful for the position.

Now that I have a full-time job my life is very, very busy. Here is my schedule:

Monday work 8-5 coach cheer 6:30-8:30
Tuesday work 8-5 coach cheer 6:30-8:30
Wednesday work 8-5 young life 6:30-9:00
Thursday work 8-5 coach cheer 6:30-8:30
Friday work 8-5 coach cheer 6-9:30 (at games)

I am busy, busy, busy. I have only been at this schedule for a week but so far so good. We shall see how I feel about it in two months.;-) That being said I want to try really hard to have relaxing and fun weekends where I have as much time with friends and family as possible. I am hoping to go to Washington State over Veteran’s Day and go back East this fall as well. I will have to do it over the weekend (a long weekend) but that is better then nothing so I am ok with it.

I have been really aching for “home” (the East Coast still feels like home to me) lately. I have told myself I can’t make plans to move back until I have been here in CA for a year because I still need to be open to staying here if that’s what God wants me to do. If I could choose right now though I would move back – and move in with Kristin. Does that mean I regret moving here? No, not at all. I know for sure that God wanted me to move home. I am still committed to being obedient which is why I am here. I am just home-sick. I can’t really mention missing the EC because my parents get irritated with me and nobody else seems to understand or quite get it. Therefore I hardly talk about my life there anymore. I am still young and able to move which is why I am really considering moving back this summer. I don’t want years to go by and regret not taking this chance again. But of course we shall see what God says about it this next summer.

My birthday is on Thursday. Wow, 29. My last birthday/age ever! Hehehe I truly cannot believe I am getting this old. I’m sure I will blog on this as it begins to sink in later on this week…

Gotta run – my time is up! Enjoy your holiday weekend! I know I am!

2 comments:

Tamara B said...

great update. I was glad to be able to read again - 1st day back at the office.

jerelyn said...

Happy birthday yesterday!!!