Thanksgiving was good. I decided to have my family over for a Thanksgiving breakfast on Thursday morning so I could use my fun fall plates and cloth napkins. I love hosting people and all of that good stuff so I was super excited to have them over. I made a breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls. I also had a fruit salad. Brooke brought some banana bread and we were all very full by the end of the meal. Good thing we weren’t having Thanksgiving dinner until much later in the day!!:-) I turned on the Macy’s Day parade and told Jasmin how watching it every year was a tradition of mine. I don’t know if she was a nearly as excited about it as I was…hehehe Must be an American thing. Of course the TV was promptly changed when my dad came over to football. Jasmin couldn’t believe that we watch sporting events on a Holiday. Welcome to America my friend…
The day after Thanksgiving I decorated my house for Christmas and had lunch with my friend Amy. It was great seeing her – I hadn’t in a while. I am hoping that once my life calms down a bit that I can see her more often. That night my mom, aunt, and I went to see Enchanted. It was very cute. We were hoping to see August Rush but (stupid me) I read the newspaper wrong and took us to the wrong theater. I am hoping to see that movie. The trailer makes me cry so the flick has to be oh so good!
On Saturday and Sunday we went to San Francisco for the weekend. We showed Jasmin around and tried to do all of the touristy things. I think what we find fun she didn’t – must be a cultural thing. For example she thought the cable cars were old and slow…where I think they are totally fun! We met up with my extended family and cousin Cass and her kids (who I hadn’t seen in years) so that was nice. On Sat. night we went to see Jersey Boys. This was playing in NYC when I lived in Jersey and Hannah and I would always joke about how we wouldn’t be caught dead going to see it. But, I went and it was enjoyable. Like Mama Mia, it is definitely for the “older” generation, but it was still decent and entertaining. The weather was great in San Fran, very clear and somewhat warm, so altogether it was a GREAT trip!
Last weekend my family went camping to Pismo Beach. My parents bought a tent trailer and we were looking forward to camping with it for the first time. My dad went over on Friday and we met up with him and Ryan and Brooke (and Sulli) on Sat. Saturday we hung out and went outlet shopping. That night we went out to dinner to celebrate Brooke’s birthday. Saturday night the heater broke in the tent trailer so we ended up FREEZING through the night. Actually once I got warm in my sleeping bag I was fine. I just didn’t move…or stick my head out into the frigid air. The next morning my mom went and got cinnamon rolls and we decided to eat them at the picnic table outside because it was warmer outside then it was inside. When we were sitting outside all the ducks and pigeons from the lagoon began to make their way over to beg. Pretty soon we felt like we were in the movie “The Birds” as, I kid you not, they were swarming us begging for some cinnamon rolls. My dad was even able to hand feed some – clearly they were very tame and used to eating from campers. My dad gave up though when one pecked him too hard. The funniest part was when a pigeon landed right on Jasmin’s icing on her cinnamon roll and got stuck. We were all screaming and freaking out because at the same time they were landing on our plates and us. I swear they were dive-bombing us. We felt so country bumpkin!! I will never forget that day. If only we had that on tape. The best part of the weekend though was how much time I got to spend with my niece. She is SUCH A DOLL. I wish I could be with her 24/7!!
I am looking forward to this weekend and relaxing. I have been able to do all of my Christmas shopping (for the most part) online so there is no need to hurry to the mall for gifts. I am hoping to wrap the gifts I do have and start on my Christmas cards. I am also hoping to watch my Blockbuster movie, which has been in my living room for like a month, and simply not do anything. That will be very, very nice! I thought I had next week free until I looked on my calendar and realized I am busy every night up until Friday. This week is my last week of cheer so I thought next week would be oh so great – I could go walking when I got home and whatnot – but yeah, guess I was wrong!
I was catching up on blogs today and came across this on Courtney’s site. (She is an AWESOME girl and I love her dearly.) You should totally check it out. www.adventconspiracy.org So, thanks Court for sharing! (BTW, can I just tell you all how much I love reading your blogs? I am so thankful for your friendships and how much you teach me through your daily (or not so daily like in my postings) writings and musings!!!)
It’s supposed to rain tomorrow. I am excited. It has been weird that it is Christmas time yet I haven’t had to be bundled up or I haven’t had the chance to experience snow like the last three years. At least rain will be something like it…
Yesterday was Holli's bday - happy birthday my friend!
Kristin sent this to me today. It really spoke to me. I hope it does with you as well.
REST IN GOD'S PRESENCE
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. For He will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. -Jeremiah 17:7-8
Rest, dear one, in His presence, in His promises. God, and God alone, holds your life and well-being in His loving and kind hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm finally getting caught up on here -- it's been a while! Love you my friend!
Post a Comment