
So, yeah, the day I am having... I was driving back to work after lunch and got a call from Doug Davis. He is the athletic director at KHS, so that makes him my boss, but he was my personal friend long before then (we used to go to the same church and do YL together). Anyway, he asked me if I had videotaped (with my camera) the opposing team's cheerleader's last night. Apparently Selma's cheer coach called him and went off about how I totally taped everything they did and how she was scared I was going to put it on the Internet. I was stunned to say the least. First of all, I did have my camera out as I was recording MY girls. Secondly, if I did tape them, which I didn't, she couldn't say anything anyways as it was a public event. Third, why didn't she put two and two together...like how I only had my camera out when my girls were out on the court and how I didn't have it out during Selma's halftime performance, which if I was recording would have been the key thing I would have wanted. Fourth, I think Selma's cheers/dances are usually skeezy and I am known by my girls and the community for being ultra-conservative - meaning they couldn't copy Selma anyway. Fifth, why would I play any part in a stupid high school rival? I am 29, thanks, and quite past that. UGH! Anyway, I can't believe some people. That she would actually make up that huge lie about me. If she only knew me and knew who I was and what I was about she would know that that thought would have never entered my mind...which it never has!!! Tonight we play Selma again, this time at home, and Doug said I should be careful about being around her. I swear, I have done absolutely nothing wrong. I even have tons of witnesses last night who viewed what I was taping after I taped it. This whole cheer season has simply become way too much. Seriously, I never thought it would be this much drama.
Yeah - I need me some cookies. The diet can resume tomorrow.

5 comments:
Nice post. Don't give in too many times to those little cookies.
yes, tis the life of cheerleaders... DRAMA!!!
:p
I had a friend in college who felt the same way about those cookies! He called the airline to find out where to order them, then called the complany to order some directly! Funny!
Sorry about the ridiculousness with the lame coach - enjoy the cookies!
Oh my gosh, that's ridiculous. You are SO not in high school anymore. What was she thinking??
Mmmm...cookies!
I saw those cookies the other day at Walgreen's. I almost bought because they reminded me of when I flew out to visit you. Oh, those cookies are so good.
Aren't you glad cheer is almost over. People these days.
Amy
Post a Comment