Sorry for the 20 days since my last post. I must admit, I just haven't been in the blogging mood lately. Maybe I am simply being blog-lazy! In any case, I thought that I better quickly update you or else I will be really, really behind! So here is a recap of what has been going on with me. (And the next time I hope to blog will be when I am on the EC!:-))
Gas
Is now at $4.35/gallon here. OUCH!
Diet
Some of you know, some of you don't. My writing it here is my way of keeping myself accountable - although I must admit that I don't like letting the world know that I am dieting! In any case, today marks two weeks since I started a very intense diet. I am taking HCG/B12 shots three times a week. I am eating only 800 calories. I am taking prescription medicine to curb my hunger and give me energy (phentermine, water pills, vitamins, etc). I am exercising as much as I can. I know, I know some of you may think that meds, shots, and such a low-cal diet is unhealthy and crazy. I would somewhat agree with you. I definitely need to note that it is not for everyone. My body/circumstance is able to handle this type of diet and this is what I am choosing to do to get semi-fast results. I am under the close watch of a doctor and the meds and shots are only a SHORT TERM way to help me lose weight - they are tools and not the answer. Obviously I know that a lifetime of eating less and exercising more is the best way to do it - and what I plan to do (as well as meeting with a nutritionist once a month) for the rest of my life to maintain. I am hoping to reach my halfway goal at the end of June and reach my full goal by my 30th bday in early September. I must say that while this diet is tough, I am committed and sticking to it! And, it is working. I have lost 9.75 pounds so far. I am noticing it in my clothes and that is the best motivation. I am already feeling better and hope to inspire other people to take control. I'll keep you updated!
NYC
I leave this afternoon for my EC trip. I am way excited. We will be in PA, NJ, and NY (most of our time being in NYC). Thank goodness for my tax refund and rebate which allowed me to take this trip debt-free. The weather looks nice and (I think I mentioned this before) it is a year to the day since I moved. Hannah is flying out from WA and meeting me there. It is kinda surreal - I can't believe I will be there tonight! I am working a half day today and fly out this afternoon. Many thanks to my dad and Jerelyn who are taking turns watching Jersey-kitty while I am gone!
Michael Buble
A couple of weeks ago my mom and I went to this concert in Fresno. We had WONDERFUL seats. We couldn't quite reach out and touch him but we definitely were very up close and personal. The concert was soooo good. He is quite the entertainer - funny, warm, very interactive with the audience, CUTE, and a great singer. His band was also excellent. I would rate this concert a pg-13 though - I def didn't think Michael Buble would be kinda risque sometimes. Nevertheless, if you get a chance, go see him. The music is terrific, and he is all around a great performer. A quick side story - he came out in jeans and a hoodie and watched the opening act and sat with the sound guys. I recognized him and at that point we def could have reached out and touched him. My mom and I (of course) didn't make a scene but really enjoyed just watching him interact with the others and support the group before him. When they were done he high-fived each of them as they exited. By then though other people had noticed him and were yelling at him. He tried to keep a low profile but at that point he had to go backstage. He seemed to be very down to earth and have a good repoir (sp?) with everyone.
Young Life
Our last club was last night. I am looking forward to having another night free to exercise and relax. The best part of YL this year has been making new friends with the other YL leaders. I hope I get to see them over the summer. They go to my church so hopefully I will bump into them there. CA YL has been different from NJ YL. Different doesn't mean bad though. Sometimes I will still see a kid walking and think, "Oh there's s0-and-so!" and then realize that these are CA kids and not NJ kids. There is something to be said about serving in the same YL club that I was in as a high schooler. I wish I could go to Malibu (camp in BC) with them this summer! I have also enjoyed getting to know the girls.
Mother's Day
This was a good, relaxed day. My dad was out of town in Iowa helping with a raid (one of the largest there). I hosted dinner at my house. Ryan, Brooke, Sullivan, me, my mom (of course - it was her day!), and my aunt were there. Everyone pitched in and dinner was great. I don't mind hosting - in fact I rather enjoy entertaining. And I think it is a nice break for my mom to get out of her place...
Suzanne
One of my good friends (and former roomie) was in town and I got to visit with her a couple of weeks ago. She is such a great person. I wish she lived closer! It was so nice to catch up - even if it was for just a little while. She is one of those types of people where no matter how long you are apart when you get together you pick up right where you left off. She has been there for me in good and bad times and is definitely a life long friend. While they were here her husband (and my friend) Chris graduated. Congrats Chris!
Sleepover
Sullivan had her first slumber party ever and it was at my house last Friday night. She did very well and her primary concern was playing with the kitten. Her first words when she woke up were, "Ti?" "Ti?" (Her word for kitty.) She and I played on the piano, played in the backyard, watched cartoons, played with toys, and more. She slept in my bed with me and also shared my pillow (by her choice). She is so funny - and such a sweet girl. Thanks to her parents for letting me spend that time with her!!
Swedish Festival
The next morning we got up, got ready, and walked down to the Swedish Festival parade with Brooke. The parade was long and VERY hot (103). We really didn't stay afterward to walk around as it was too hot and we were ready to get out of the sun. I really wish they had kept the booths in the beautiful shaded park. I hadn't been to the Swedish Festival in years so it was fun to go again - even though hardly anything had changed. My mom was in the parade for her school. I was asked to be in the parade (as I am a former Swedish Festival queen) but I nicely turned them down. Maybe some day, but not this year. It was Kingsburg's 100th bday and they were giving out free cake. I was a good girl though and didn't eat any!:-)
You are pretty much up to date now! Gotta get back to work - have a great Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment