We just went out to B.J.'s (deep dish pizza place - and oh so yummy) to celebrate Stephanie's birthday. (At work here we go out to lunch and the birthday girl/guy gets to choose the place.) Anyway, when we arrived Stephanie's fiance said, "You'll never guess who's here?" We were like, "who?" Only to be pointed towards this guy who was a few booths down from us.

Yup, that's Jared from Subway. We had a good little laugh out of it, the fact that he was in Fresno with some Subway reps (I mean, of all places) but of course we didn't see the need to rush over, take pics, ask for an autograph, whatever. I mean come on, I would hardly describe him as a celebrity (and I probably wouldn't, and haven't, fall all over myself to talk to a celebrity or take a pic). Anyway, as he got up to leave the two women at the table right by us, each with their baby seated next to them, noticed who he was. The started pointing, talking loudly, and giggling. When Jared went to leave the restaurant the ladies called their server over, left him at the table to watch the two babies, and ran out after Jared. About 5 mins later they came back in so excited that they had met and (gasp!) taken a picture with Jared! From Subway! And they both pulled out their cell phones and spent the rest of their lunch calling people and telling them who they had just met and took a picture with. They were so giggly and loud about it - like a couple of fourth grade school girls. It made their day - I mean they were just shining because of it.
Anyway, too funny. I would have never guessed Jared would be at the same pizza place as me. And actually I have to give him props that he didn't look stick thin or that he looked any different then any other normal guy. I guess that's why Subway finds him so appealing...and I think he is way past his 15 mins of fame - so he must be doing something right!!

2 comments:
That's funny. What's your schedule like next week?
So fun! I would have asked him for a picture too..I mean, it's JARED! hehe. Don't think I would have left my children alone with the server though...bad parents. lol.
Post a Comment