Saturday, July 05, 2008

I hope you all had a great 4th of July! My day was nice. I slept in a bit and did my typical morning walk with Janell and Monica. I then went to the outlets and Super Target with my mom in Tulare. I came home from that and took a nap (I never get those anymore and it was glorious!) and then went over to my parents' house and baked a sugar-free cake. We then enjoyed a BBQ and fireworks with extended family. The weather was perfect last night, too. This morning I slept in until 9:30 AM (I slept so hard last night - I think I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in) and now I am sitting here (still in my pjs) getting little things done that I have been meaning to do - like post on my blog and send pics from my camera to friends like I promised days (or weeks) ago. Anyway, some of this pics were too fun not to post here. Enjoy - and have a great weekend!:-)

Some pics from June 08

Jersey doing what he does best...sleeping on furniture he is not allowed on!

My dad sent me these beautiful flowers at work. I think they are tiger lilies. They are SO PRETTY! He is very thoughtful. Can you spot JK (Jersey Kitty) in the first pic? I didn't realize he had "snuck" into the shot until I uploaded the pics.

Jerelyn July 08

I was able to go with Jerelyn to pick up her wedding gown. I saw it in person too and she is going to make a beautiful bride! We went to Uno's before David's for dinner - YUM!

Some family pics July 08

Here are some silly pics of my niece (and her papa) at Mimi and Papa's house. One thing she loves to do is go through my purse and play with whatever is in there. As you can see she found my reading glasses - funny girl!

NYC Trip Pics from Memorial Day Weekend

I was trying to explain to my mom how they park cars in NYC (they also do have parking garages but obviously space is limited so this is how they do it in small spots). Crazy, huh?

Hannah and I at...I can't remember the name...Daily News? Anyway, this globe has been in several movies, one of them being Superman. It was very cool! The guy taking this pic for us was sooo excited to be in this building, he was telling us all kinds of interesting facts. ( BTW I can't fit into these pants anymore - they are too big! As of my weigh in last Wed I am down 23.75 pounds!)

Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. They were the best cupcakes EVER! I think I have a new tradition for NYC!

Soooo fun to be on the EC once again - in the greatest city in the world!!

Here is Hannah with our favorite dish at our favorite NYC restaurant - Treccolori Tratorria.

5 comments:

jerelyn said...

Such fun pictures! I miss your kitty...I will have to stop by and say hi again soon. Are you ready for our trip next Saturday?? Soooooo excited!!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, NYC! Too much fun! I am ready to plan another trip, aren't you!

Courtney Patch said...

Yay!!! Love the photos:) You look great!!! And I really need to try one of those cupcakes. My friend Jara goes to nyc all of the time, and she talks about them frequently. Glad you're doing well! love ya Burpie:)

Courtney Patch said...

p.s. Tell your parents I said hi!!

Kristin said...

Yummm -- those cupcakes look really good!