"The Hottest Girls to have ever lived on Earth." (Hot because she belongs to God.)
--Elisabeth Elliot--
If you have never heard of her, check out the End of the Spear movie and documentary. Here is a fine women of God. She supported her husband and family in Ecuador while ministering to the Waodani tribe. When her husband was killed by the Waodani, she continued on the same mission with her friends and family. She denied all material wealth and (with her children) lived with the Waodani tribe while curing them of polio. She continued as a missionary there.
--Susanna Wesley--
Examine the way she brought up her children i.e. “ …although she never preached a sermon or published a book or founded a church, she is known as the Mother of Methodism. Why? Because two of her sons, John Wesley and Charles Wesley, as children consciously or unconsciously will, applied the example and teachings and circumstances of their home life.” (Pellowe) She had 10 children, all who learned Greek, Latin, and Hebrew before the age of 10. She met with each of her children twice a week for an hour to examine their spiritual lives. The Methodist revival was a result of one of the most perfect images of parenting available.
--Sarah Edwards--
The wife of Jonathon Edwards; together created one of the best examples of what Christian marriage should look like. He chose her because of her spiritual enthusiasm and "nun-like" love for God. She was a spiritual influence on Edwards his whole life.
--Susan Fitkin--
Early Nazarene who answered God's call to "preach full salvation to every creature." She worked as an evangelist with her husband for many years before receiving ordination. After the death of her husband, she began many foreign missions to Swaziland, Mexico, Barbados, Trinidad, Hawaii, Panama, Central America, Japan, China, Korea, and Argentina. She is now considered the mother of Nazarene missions.
Friday, July 25, 2008
One of the great things about this summer has been all the different friends I have been able to spend time with. It seems like it has been parties, showers, and get-togethers galore. Because I will be gone on the day of Deb's shower, Jer and I went out and spent time with her last night in Hanford. She is so CUTE! I can't wait to meet the girls, yes girlS(!), and the other new baby additions to the ADX family such as Mandy's new baby boy, Virginia's new baby boy, and Leanna's new baby boy, whom I still have yet to meet!


I leave for the cruise tomorrow morning and do not get back until August 5. I heard that internet is not free (and somewhat pricey) on the cruise so you probably won't be hearing from me via the blog-world until I am back in Kingsburg. I'm sure I will have lots of fun stories to tell you when I return!
I am stealing no, borrowing, this blog insert from a male Christian friend I know from the EC. I was blown away with what he wrote and it really inspired me about the very special role women/mothers can have in the lives of others. Apparently he was impacted by it as well. If only I can be half of what these ladies are... Thanks K for sharing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment