Here are some pics from our trip to San Diego over Easter Break.
Sullivan loved watching DVDs on the laptop in our rented condo. We put headphones on her so we wouldn't be subjected to viewing Lady and the Tramp for the 18th time...:-)

Of course our time on the beach was beautiful and relaxing! It was literally right out our door.


We also were able to see a Dodgers/Padres game. Fun! We will be going to another Dodgers game at the end of this month.

Over Memorial Day weekend I went to VA to visit Kristin and my beloved East Coast!
My flight was delayed on Thursday night...until the next day. But United compensated me with $150 (for Kristin AND me) so it turned out to be OK. I try to get over there as much as I can. I am still praying over moving and looking for jobs. This economy isn't helping...but I do feel like if God wants me to go none of that will matter. Here we are starting off Saturday with a pedicure.
We then went to Lancaster County for shopping, relaxation, and a Sight and Sound show! We of course visited Kitchen Kettle Village.:-)
The next day we went to church, single's group and for a kayak trip on the Potomac with Troy and Robby. Here we are on Kristin's deck ready for our trip. As soon as I get our kayaking pics I will add them here too!
On Monday we watched a movie and went for a bike ride that I struggled through - it was sooo humid! I look forward to trying it again under better circumstances. I was sad to fly home that night...but it was a great trip anyway!
My dad graduated from the New Wine program at his church...congratulations!
It was a three year commitment, he totally should have been given his Master's for it! Here are mom and dad at the celebration mass.
He received his certificate at a lovely reception following mass.
We had a surprise party for him afterward at my house.

*I have many more pics of all of these events on my facebook page!
I am looking forward to a lovely summer of a trip to LA for a family wedding (and Dodger game) this month, the cruise next month, and hopefully moving at the end of the summer (Lord willing!).
Work has been very busy with some challenging cases. Keep us in prayer, obviously I can't detail them on here for confidentiality reasons. The economy did hit us and we are at a hiring and salary freeze. Ouch!!
I am enjoying helping YL Delhi start up. They are a great group of people. God has great things planned for that city!!
My small group is over. It was a great time and I learned a lot. Looking forward to another six weeks this summer. I am hoping for a similar group - it has been fun getting to know some other single women in my church - who also live in my neighborhood - awesome!!
I am also looking forward to "looking fine in 09..." Tomorrow I am getting back in my exercising routine and I have some things set in motion to help aid me in weight loss. The never ending adventure in trying to get healthy goes on.:-)
Thanks for being faithful blog readers even though I am not a faithful writer! Here's to hoping I will get more consistent over the summer!

1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I miss you friend.
Post a Comment