Happy Saturday!
Gosh, it has been a few days since I have written. That's weird for me as I am never at a loss of words to say. So, I will try to catch you up on what has been happening the last few days. I think the last time I posted an entry was Saturday. Well, I went to Lake Champion in New York and really enjoyed my time with the other staff women. We laughed, cried, shared stories, ate, took walks, and just enjoyed the scenery. It was great. The rest of the week flew by. I had something going every single night and work kept me busy, busy, busy during the day. Sometimes people wonder what I do all day, because they only see me in the afternoons or evenings when I am with kids. I just laugh to myself and wish they could walk in my shoes. Then I think they would appreciate just how much work really does go on behind the scenes of a ministry!!!
Today has been my first "take it easy and slow down" day. I finally picked up all the junk that was covering the floors and tables of my house. Then I had lunch with two high school girls. It was great. Then we went to Borders (she just got her license and was excited to drive me around. I am, thankfully, still alive. Actually, she was a wonderful driver!!) and browsed around. That store is so much fun - it can get me into trouble!! Then they left to go home and I had to run a huge amount of errands. I then rented two movies and came home. I have a butt-load of postcards to address, stamp, and send out for work. So I just finished the one movie (The Notebook...LOVE IT) and got the majority of my work done while watching that. Now I am taking a little break and will get some dinner and do some other things before finishing up with more postcard funness (yes, I know that's not a word) and the second movie.
Oh, I also caught up with some friends and family on the phone too. That's always nice.
It is raining here off and on today. They said it was supposed to thunderstorm and whatnot but so far none of that exciting stuff has happened. Being a CA girl I was kinda looking forward to hearing some thunder. I'm sure people here think nothing of it, but to me it is all very exciting. East Coast weather is soooo different compared with my SJV.
I have a busy week ahead of me. Tomorrow I am going to go pick up my uncle from the airport in Pittsburgh. I have never been to Pittsburgh. The furthest west I have been in PA has been the central to south-central PA areas. It should be an experience. I LOVE PA. Seriously. I will end up living there someday. People laugh at me when I say that, but I have felt that way for several years now. And no, there isn't any particular reason...I am just drawn to it. I actually have been trying to stay away from central PA for some certain reasons, so I hope driving through it will be alright tomorrow. I'm sure it will be. ..lol
I am talking with Carrie right now who is one of my dear friends so this is a little shout out to her... C.S.S. You're the best!!! (Yeah, you know what those initials stand for...lol...)
OK, so after the big PA drive and all that entails, I am going back to NY. Yes, the same place I was at last week. UGH!!! I do like Champion but come on now!! No, it's not that bad. I have to go to assignment training. So, that should be good and then it is back to home sweet home. OH! This Saturday is our art auction and silent auction for YLWJ. PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT US!!! Seriously, I would love to have you. Even if you don't want to bid on anything at all, come for support for me. Having your shining faces there would be awesome and mean a lot.
Personally I am doing well. Although, I have had some unexpected things happen this week that I can't go into in this format, but please be praying for me. I keep thinking of that hymn, "It is well with my soul." It's a good one. Singing it in my head helps me to keep my chin up. Oh, don't worry, I'm fine. Life is really good, promise!!
Alright, that's about it for now. I'll be gone until Thursday, so don't miss me or these uber-exciting posts too much.;) Call me or somethin' OK?
I'm off to eat dinner...have a wonderful evening! Isn't God good? Aren't we SO BLESSED?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
C.S.S. here, yeah I know what that stands for, and I am proud of it. Talk to you later (_________) ;)
Hey Big sis,
Long time no talk or see! haha! I am so glad you are loving it on the east coast, it's the best isn't it...I mean I'm in the south which is on the east side of the U.S. so it still kinda counts. OH hey while I'm thinking about it, I am planning a trip to Hershey,PA in like two years when I graduate so maybe you'll still be in NJ or close by for a visit. Convention was awesome, but you weren't there so it wasn't as great... hanging with Katie was though, I just missed you!
Well have an awesome and blessed week and I'm praying for you!
love ur lil sis,
caterpillar
Hey Ashley. It's Tim from the Methodist church. I saw the signs for the art auction at church yesterday, but didn't look at it that carefully. I'd like to come out and support your art auction though. What time does it start and where is it? A bunch of us are going to The Core Youth training in PA on Saturday morning so hope I don't miss it. Let me know!
Hey big sis,
You have all these "little" ones running around keeping track of you through your blog. Best wishes for the weekend. HOpe the trip to PA went well.
Hey Ash, quick question - why are you on your "take it easy / slow down day" having lunch with your high schoolers??? Just teasing, oh the life of full-time ministry! It's amazing how it all flows together. I'm sure you'd give me the same advise a million times over, but make sure you get some down time just to yourself. Sounds like you are crazy busy! ~ Alisha
ps - can you tell Mandy to make it so you don't have to be a Blogger to leave a comment on her site! I can't leave her comments
Post a Comment