Thursday, April 14, 2005

Welcome to my blog!

Well, I am giving in and (happily) doing a blog. I have loved reading all of yours, and now have decided to join in on the fun. I look forward to hearing your comments on my life...(not that it is THAT exciting.;))

New Jersey is well, Jersey. I am very happy here though, don't get me wrong. God has really provided and it feels like home. I don't know if I will live here for the rest of my life, but I do see myself staying on the East Coast. Who knows though?? A year ago I certainly wouldn't have guessed that I would be here. God is so great that way.

Today was a fun day. I went and met with a pastor of a local church here, and then had to go to Langhorne, PA for a bit. (Did you know I am getting my Masters? Yep, in Christian Counseling. The school is in PA.) Anyway, it is about a 45 min. drive, and I took most of it along the Delaware River. (Did you hear that there is a beluga whale who has been spotted in the river? Too funny!!) I love the drives over here so it was nice. Then I went back to work in my office, had a guitar lesson, met with another pastor (very nice guy) and I am finally home. Good stuff!

Young Life is moving right along. I LOVE MY JOB. It certainly has its moments where I want to pull my hair out or cry or go eat a huge bar of chocolate, but I am hanging in there. The good so outweighs the bad. The kids are great. The committee is great. It has been a good fit/partnership.

It was a beautiful day today. I hope you are enjoying nice weather too!

So, I haven't decided who all to include on my mailing address for my blog - so I better not open up about everything...lol Guess that means you will have to call me to get the full scoop.;) Anyway, enjoy this blog and there will definitely be more posts in the very near future.

Many blessings!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Glad to hear things are going well.

I completely know what you mean as far as being happy but no seeing yourself there for the rest of your life, that is how I feel about Scotland. I love it here and want to be here as long as God wants me, but I don't feel that is is home for the long run. But, whatever God wants!

Much love, and miss you bunches.

Tamara B said...

Yay for you! I love keeping up with friends but with crazy schedules, its difficult to do. AND, my Ryan thinks there's something wrong with being a girl and chatting on the phone :)

How fun to hear about your adventures. I've never been to the East coast and its a place I so want to go visit. And the beluga whale - that's awesome! Poor thing. Keep blogging!

Kat said...

Hey my Huey! I miss you so much! I am really glad that you are enjoying all that you are doing, even if it is away from your family. I went back home to California to visit, and while at Disneyland I saw some girls with our letters on!! I remeber those days and will always love my sisters!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash!
Wow, it's so nice this blogging thing. Glad to hear about your many adventures. Love you lots and can't believe I haven't seen you in ages.
Love ya
Victoria

Kristin said...

I think they have mistaked Nessie from Loch Ness for that beluga whale you mentioned. Did you know there hasn't been a Loach Ness Monster sighting in 19 years? My bet is that Nessie wanted to visit the United States! :)