Have you ever had days that things don't necessarily go the way you had planned or were hoping for, but you still have a great day? That was my day today. I was certainly glad it was Saturday though.
I had 6 high school girls over for breakfast - Katie, Katie, Kristin, Jess, Meagan and Shannon. That was fun. We ate bagels and fruit salad (the bagels are INCREDIBLE over here) and talked a lot. It was a nice time with them, and I was reminded how much I enjoy hanging out with kids. I am blessed to have a job that allows me to do something I thoroughly enjoy...even if it does mean I have to wake up early on a Saturday morning sometimes.;) Anyway, Shannon stayed after the rest of the girls left and we watched "Mean Girls." If you haven't seen it, see it. Totally cute movie.
So after that it was like 1 PM. I had to run to Ringoes and then came back here for a little nap. Then came the dreaded laundry. How I loathe the laundromat. I think just the fact that I have to pay money to do my laundry irks me...lol I'm glad to have it done though, but now it is sitting in the basket on my floor and waiting to be hung up. Such fun.:) Then I had some "me" time this evening. I was planning on going out with a friend of mine, but after that fell through I thought that I would just take it easy. I guess that's the part of my day that changed on me. On one hand I totally would have loved to see this certain friend, but on the other hand it was nice just doing "nothing."
Although my friend Katie (yes, the third Katie I know from this area) called me to go out for dessert and I totally need to call her back. Katie if you are reading this I promise to call you back - I don't know why I keep missing your calls! My cell phone reception can be ultra lame in my house. But I'll call you tomorrow - or email!
So sometimes I like to go for random drives and tonight I went to Clinton. Kristin - I totally have to take you there...It's great! I drove by Cracker Barrel too and saw their cute white rocking chairs outside. I would love to put a couple of those on my porch...but they are over $100 each. Yeah right! Plus, I don't want them to get stolen like my welcome sign and flag did. You heard me right, someone stole my flag. How unpatriotic!! lol
Tomorrow I am going to NY. I have a staff women's overnight thing at Lake Champion. It should be kinda fun, actually. We'll see how it goes. I enjoy spending time with the people I work with, but sometimes I wish it didn't have to be on days where I have to miss church. Oh well!!
Oh...I also got to talk to my friend (and pledge sister) Jerelyn today. It had been far too long and it was great to catch up. I love my friends - seriously, I am so blessed!!
Alright, I guess that's all for now. I thought I had posted some pics but I guess I did it wrong. I'll try to figure that out and get some pictures up for you to see. Also, I changed the comment section, so you don't have to be a "blogger" to post some feedback. So...leave me some love!!
Have a great night! The laundry is calling my name so I better get to it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hopefully I too will get to see where you live and all the prettyness around you. Enjoy your time in /New York. Miss Ya!
Wow, you've started a blog now too. I love the style of your web page. I look forward to reading all your entries! :-) love ya.
is the blog train losing steam Ash
heyyyyy...i made it into your blog. yay for me! it was VERY fun catching up with you, and I'm looking forward to October in NJ!! :-)
Post a Comment