Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm so sad to be going back to NJ in a few days. I love Kingsburg and I love being home. When I am in NJ I force myself to not think about CA so I won't get homesick. But the transition is always difficult. I grew up in the valley. I know people here. I mean, really know them and they know me. People genuinely like me here...not because I am their AD or because they feel sorry for me because I am by myself across the country from friends and family. (Although I am sure not everyone is like that there in NJ.) Anyway, it's so good to go places and be able to call each other by name, know each other's stories and history, and catch up. In some ways it is like no time has passed.

Everywhere I went today I ran into people I knew. Sometimes multiple people in one place. That's what I love so much about a small town. It's great. This vacation has allowed me to see many people, more so then any other time here this year. Thanks so much to all my friends and family for making my time here special.

I go back to the East Coast on Sunday. I am hoping these last few days here will go by slowly. I'm not ready to go back yet.

But, it's not about me though, is it? God has called me to New Jersey and so far I feel like He wants me to stick out my three year commitment there. He has not told me to go anywhere else, so I am happy to stay put. He has certainly provided during my last year there! I have had many adventures and have grown in many ways. My heart has been touched by those kids and I do hope that God feels that I have been obedient to Him in my job and life in Hunterdon County.

This next school year is already filling up with new plans, dreams and tasks. On one hand I am super excited. On the other I feel exhausted already. Guess I am in a good place to completely rely on the Lord!

Update - I was thinking of getting my nose pierced. Well, unfortunately PBU does not allow it. Guess that was God's way of saying, "no." That's OK. I'm not too disappointed about that one.

I don't mean to be vain...but I am really freaking about about turning 27 soon. That is three years from 30. I still feel like I am in college! Where does the time go? Oh my goodness. It's crazy stuff.

5 comments:

Tim said...

I turn 27 in less than a month and I'm seriously freaking out! :)

I'm glad you're having a good time in CA. What valley are you from in CA? The only valleys I've heard of in CA are Napa Valley and Silicon Valley. Do you live in one of those?

Ashley said...

San Joaquin Valley - AKA Central Valley.

jerelyn said...

Glad you're enjoying your time out here. Ktown is such a great little town, but I guess it's even more wonderful if you grew up there. :-) Will miss you but will definitely see you in "Octember"! (Meaning...either October or November!! haha)

Kristin said...

Ashey - I'm glad you are coming home! The EC has been lonely the past two weeks without you :)

Carrie said...

It was great getting to see you again. It really did feel like time hadn't passed and so much time has. Will be keeping you in my prayers and you continue to wonderful work God has called you to.