Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm back on the "other side" and have been for a week now. Crazy! I apologize for not posting for a while. I never seem to post that regularly, and then always promise myself that I'll become better at it. Then two weeks slip by and I notice that I need to update. Guess I'm just not that good of a blogger!! Maybe I'll get the hang of it sometime.;)

I flew back to NJ last Sunday. By the time I got back to my house it was very early Monday. That whole day was an adventure. My flights didn't go as planned (but that really turned out to be OK, gave me extra time in CA to hang out), I was feeling sick and I got pulled over on my way home. (He just wanted to see where I was headed...I was on a kinda rural road. No ticket and he had no reason to "get me" anyway...that whole thing was strange.) Then I ended up going to the ER at 4:30 in the morning. It's a long story but I'm OK and feel 100% better!

Then I went to Ocean Grove, NJ for a staff retreat. It was my first time to the Jersey shore. It was nice...but not like CA! And who knew one has to pay to actually go on the beach? (Or at least in Ocean Grove. Can someone say rip off?) Anyway, they have boardwalks there and games and what not. Kinda like Santa Cruz on crack. Cross the Fresno Fair with a huge boardwalk with Pismo beach and you've go the Jersey shore. It's fun and I'd like to go back. We stayed at a bed and breakfast and the time with staff was good. Who doesn't like hanging out with YL people?

Now I'm back in Flemington. I'm kind of having a tough time readjusting to being back, for several reasons, so please pray for me. I think this week will be tough as well.

But, I can't end this blog on a discouraging note! There is one "new" thing about me...and some would think it is "fun" although getting it done was not. Guess you'll have to see me to find out what it is!;) But I am still deciding if I will be keeping it or not!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Keep it!! That is my vote.

Glad you are back to 100% take care. Miss ya.

Mandy said...

hey there! Happy b-day!
thinking of you!

Tim said...

I think I know what it is!

Whoa...it's your birthday?! When?

Anyway, yeah, you have to pay to get onto a bunch of beaches on the Jersey shore. Are they all free in CA?

Ashley said...

today, the 6th, is my bday. the big 2-7. and thanks carrie for telling me I am 13 years from 40. aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

all beaches are free in ca...:)

jerelyn said...

yikes...13 years from 40?? that is such a mean thing to say. OH NO!!! I'm TWELVE YEARS FROM 40!!!! Well, there goes my "happy Friday". ;-)

(I say keep it, too...I bet it's cute!)