So today is better. Yay for Fridays! Kristin will be here tonight to hang out for the weekend. We really don't have anything specific planned but we will have fun. We were going to go floating (apparently they don't call it that here because people laughed at me when I said that) but it is a little more expensive then I thought it would be. Apparently you just can't get on and off where you want like the good ol' Kings River!! Gosh I miss the valley! Anyway, it will be good times - and we are going to stay out of this ridiculous heat.
I haven't seen my groundhog friend in a while. The other day there was a skunk near my porch. Now that little critter is NOT welcome. Good thing it ran off. Hopefully I will not see it again!!
Well I mentioned in my last blog that I had some things going on at work. My vision statement for our area is coming along, as well as our budget. I don't think I will have them done by the time I go home to CA...which is what I was hoping. But, I did manage to get a huge dent in it. That's good. It's not due until the 29th after all. I was just trying to not be a procrastinator for once in my life!! Anyway, a whole new situation developed with some of my kids and it is quite major. I hit the roof when I became aware of it. We need prayer...someone can potentially get fired over this whole thing, it's that serious. Ick.
I got on the scale today and was actually pleasantly surprised. Not nearly what I was expecting. (And that's a good thing.) So I felt better about myself. I have gone to the gym everyday this week and have watched what I ate. I think it is (finally) beginning to pay off. Actually if I lose 30 pounds I will be at my high school weight. So that is my goal - to get to that by Christmas. I don't mean to be an "typical girl" who is constantly worrying about her weight or not happy with herself. I just want to be the best I can be - and I truly think that that will help me serve God better too. I just don't want to look back on my (almost) 27th year of life and be disappointed. Life's too short.
A week from Sunday I will be flying back to the golden state. Can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'll be praying for your situation.
Where do you go to the gym? Are you a member at Healthquest?
It's ok that you visited my blog. I don't really post on there as much as I do my xanga, but I don't mind.
Anyway, thanks for your comment. I do think I'm going to Revelation Generation. I just don't know how much of my family is going b/c my sister hasn't decided yet. I know it'll definitely be at least me and my dad and there'll be other church people, but I think they're buying tickets on their own. Can I get the tickets from you directly or do I have to go onto iTickets?
What did you mean by check out YL? I thought it was a hs thing?
Oh and isn't Curves an all-female gym?
Can I get two tickets from you? If anyone else I know is going, I'll just make them get them at the door. :)
Ashley - I loved just relaxing this weekend - boy was it ever needed! Keep up the good work and the pounds will continue to go down!
I can come by your office. Where Kim Doyle works, right? I found out where that was a couple of weeks ago. What time will you be there?
Thanks for the tickets. It was good talking to you yesterday. :)
So what did you think of Revelation Generation? Hope you made it out to CA alright.
I thought it was OK...I would have done some things differently. But it has major potential!!
Post a Comment