Wednesday, October 18, 2006

As promised, here is my long awaited update on Amy, Mandy, Kristin, and Janell! I will post pics soon… I only have 15 mins. in which to type this so I gotta move fast.

Amy came out and visited me for a few days. She came on a Tuesday and left on Saturday night. It was wonderful having her out here. She was my first WC friend to stay in my new apartment. Anyway, I tried to show her around and give her the best EC experience I could in the time we had. We went to Lancaster County and had a great time driving and walking through all that county has to offer. I love that place and really feel like God has given me a heart for the Amish. We also went to NYC where I scored us front row, center seats to Tarzan on Broadway for only $20 each (come visit me and I will do the same for you). We also went to Serendipity’s, Rockefeller Center, Ground Zero, and saw other typical NYC sights. It was a fun day. We also spent time in Clinton, Flemington, Langhorne, Philadelphia and Princeton.

When I dropped Amy off at the airport on Saturday I drove down to D.C. to visit with Kristin and Mandy. Mandy had flown out for the weekend and I was excited to spend a couple of days with them. We had a wonderful time talking, laughing, and catching up. We also saw a movie (Little Miss Sunshine) and drove around the district for a bit. We did, of course, take Mandy to Famous Luigi’s, which has become a tradition for Kristin and I. It was so nice to be with sorority sisters.

Then, a few days after that, I flew home to be in my high school best friend’s wedding. I was the Maid of Honor and of course would not have missed the opportunity to support her by being in her wedding. Her wedding was at her house and it was so incredible to be a part of such a special day at a place where I have childhood memories. I got a lot of time with my high school friends and it was like we had never grown up or left each other. Even though I was sad about not being able to see my family that much, my trip was very much worth it. Janell looked beautiful and she did such a good job with the entire planning, etc.

As I was typing this right now I was thinking about how much I am blessed by friends. God is good in that I have been able to make and maintain friends at all stages of my life. Thanks everyone for your friendship and know that I love you very much!

I typed this in 12 mins. Go me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a quick trip back home. Post up some pictures if you have time! Take Care

Guess what - I just ordered that book Sacred Marriage then I read your last post. I'm even more excited to read it!

~ Alisha

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being a great hostess!! I had a lot of fun.