Wednesday, January 28, 2009

At 10:15 PM on Saturday night I got a call that S went into labor. S is the first birth-mom that I have had the pleasure of working with (the majority of our adoptions are CPS and not relinquishment). I headed to H-town, ran into the adoptive parents as I was walking in, and baby was born around 1 AM. I stayed there until about 4AM, and was back at 10AM. I then stayed the majority of Sunday. I was there when the baby was discharged on Monday and today I visited the baby in her new home. This baby will always have a special place in my heart as she is my "first." Needless to say, her adoptive parents are beyond thrilled. They have asked me to be "tia." Most importantly, they finally have a baby to call their own. And S is doing extremely well. She never once regretted or hesitated about her decision to give the baby up, and she is completely at peace. To me she is a hero. She made the right choice to give her baby up for adoption, hands down. I am on a baby high this week, and I am praising God for this gift of love! On the way home from the hospital on Sunday I saw a rainbow. It just confirmed the whole experience. I would love to post a pic of the family of three, but I need to protect their identity. I will post a pic of me and the baby though - as you can't see her full face in this pic. She is an angel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's beyond amazing! PRAISE the LORD!!!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! How cool is your job this week? I am glad it all went so well. Clearly the Lord had it all in hand.

I Really Ought To Be Doing Something Else... said...

So cool to be involved in such an amazing (and self-less) process! Congratulations on being a "tia"!!

Tamara B said...

love it! Maybe you can be here (or some other country like Ethiopia) when we get our baby :)