Sunday, January 04, 2009
Oh Jersey-kitty!
This morning I was super-excited that I woke up earlier then planned and that I felt rested. I decided to get up and make the most of it and get some chores done before church - that way I wouldn't have to worry about them for the rest of the day. I got everything I wanted to done and I stepped into my shower right on time. When I got out I put on my robe and went to look for my cat. I wanted to put him outside before I dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I called for him and kept on calling him. I looked for him in all of his usual places and could not find him. I was getting irritated because the clock was ticking away and he was ignoring me. Looking back I guess I could have just left him and went ahead and got ready but at that point I was so mad that he was disobeying me that I had to find him and give him the boot. I re-checked every room and kept on calling him. Finally, when I was in my guest bedroom, I heard the jingle from the bell on his collar. I had found him! I heard it under the bed so I crouched down and peeked under it. I didn't see him. I called him and heard the bell again. But, where was he? Then I saw the lump move. A lump that was in the box springs. As he walked this sagging lump from under the box springs moved. I was so confused - how did he get in there? Then I discovered a hole. That little stinker had made a hole in the bottom material and climbed up in there. I was equally mad and equally laughing. Well, he had climbed up in there but obviously didn't know how to get out. So, I spent the next few minutes trying to coax him out. By this time he was purring and batting at me through the hole - the whole thing had turned into a game for him. Finally I was able to get him out. It meant I missed church though...there was no way I would be ready in time by then. To make up for it I watched a church service on TV but it wasn't the same. Anyway, funny story. I will be sure to keep the door closed to that room when he is in the house from now on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My Fat Cat hides from me sometimes but never in the box springs, he's so fat he wouldn't fit. He likes to climb up on the roof during the summer to sleep. Once I heard him scampering around up there during the night. I went out to check what he was up to, he was trying to catch a big old owl! Crazy cat!
I just love cat stories:)
//bob
Post a Comment