Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I just counted that Jasmin has 3 1/2 weeks before she goes to Mexico with Young Life. She will be going to help change a family's life by building a house with the YL team there, but I have a feeling her life will be changed more. I know that Jesus can really use this week to touch lives and I am looking forward to what is in store for her. She/we are raising money for the trip and she, obviously, does not have the money. Why her parents won't pay is beyond me (maybe she didn't even ask them - who knows) but we are out to find people who are willing to donate. If you are willing, please let me know.

We went to San Diego this weekend and had a good time (her parents paid for the entire thing). That was my frist time on Express Jet and it was fabulous. And San Diego has a little commuter terminal so we didn't even have to fight the big crowds. Saturday we flew in and had dinner at Red Lobster. It was Jasmin's first time there and she was immediately hooked on the amazing garlic and cheese biscuits.:-) Yum! Sunday we went to Sea World (the polar bear was my favorite part) and that night went to the gaslamp district. We visited Old Town yesterday morning and flew home yesterday afternoon. The flight down was 45 mins and back was 54 mins. Amazing! Sure beats a 6 hour car drive!

I saw my niece yesterday evening and she said, "Ash" for the first time. She is so cute!!!

1 comment:

jerelyn said...

So fun! I need to spend some time in San Diego...it's been so long since I've been there!