Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...or as I like to call it, Single Awareness Day. Seriously, this holiday does get on my nerves a bit. Not so much that I don't have someone special to celebrate it with, but that it is a huge marketing ploy (I guess just like every other holiday is turning out to be). I also have an issue on how it promotes romantic love so much. While romantic love does have its place, I wish Valentine's Day could reinforce real, genuine, self-sacrificing love. This is the love that I strive for, but clearly need to work on... This is love that is life changing and not self serving. This is the love that Christ has for us. This is the love that goes the deepest. Sure, romatic love can be a part of that...but tomorrow that is the type of love that I am going to be celebrating - and thankful for. It will also serve as a reminder of how I can try to best love others.
The weather here has been beautiful. I was thinking back to Valentine's Day last year and how (if I remember right) I was snowed in for the day. We have had weather in the 60's and the 70's...although the fog has been really bad in the mornings for the last three days. Yesterday the freeway was closed in both directions due to a car pile-up (there was zero visibility) in Kingsburg. Praise the Lord I did not get on at that time as I had already decided to stay home until it cleared. I am thankful that my work is concerned about my safety too and allows me to come in late when needed!
This weekend Jasmin and I are flying down to San Diego. We will be going to Sea World and I'm sure Old Town and the ocean as well. I am looking forward to it - and praying for patience at the same time. If you have been talking with me you know what I mean!!!
This is officially my last week of cheer. I am soooo excited! If the basketball team goes to playoffs we will have to go but that's OK. Our last practice was last night so we now only have games to worry about. Tonight is senior night and the girls are looking forward to that. I think I will even be watching my niece tonight so it will be fun to have her with me.
Today is Hannah's 30th bday...Happy Birthday Hannah! My 30th is less then 6 months away. Crazy, I tell you. But that is a whole different blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for cheer finishing! Yay for a weekend with J-girl in SD! (Will be prayin!) And yay for not getting onto the freeway in the fog!
Post a Comment