Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I watch the Today show every morning (and love it) and yesterday, being Super Tuesday, the show was heavily centered on politics. Barack Obama (of course) came up and they were talking about how many young voters are supporting Obama because he is young, fresh, exciting, different, etc. However, they were also stating how many people are voting for him but when asked why they supported him (basically asking them to give examples from his political career or his personal history) they could not. It scares me that these people are so easily swayed by charisma and good looks. Now anyone who knows me knows I am on the Huckabee train, but this was a good reminder for me that I also needed to well equip myself on the politicians I choose to support. While there never will be politicians I agree with 100%, it is very important to me that I not choose a candidate blindly just because he is a conservative Christian, but rather because his (or her!) history, objectives, and plans for the future most closely follow what I want for our country. It just kills me that women are voting for Hillary simply because she is female, for example. Are the voters really that ignorant to make such a naive choice? Anyway, this article came my way today, and I was not aware that Obama was a strong supporter of Obdinga who is responsible for the persecution of Christians and many senseless murders.

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/290390

After researching this a bit I also saw some very heated debates over Obama and Israel and how he equally supports Israel and Palestine?? Hmmm… I think I have that to learn about and research next.

In any case, whomever you support, I hope that your decision is well researched and that you go vote after careful consideration and much prayer. I am so thankful to live in the country where we do!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point about being well researched... I need to spend more time looking at the candidates...

jerelyn said...

So true! And now it's a two-man race on the Reps side too. Should be an interesting time ahead!

By the way...SO fun having Panera Bread with you! We should do that again...soon! Or at least a movie this time. :-)