Thursday, March 06, 2008
I got my nose pierced, oh, I don't know...2 1/2 years ago? Anyway I always tried to wear a very small barely-noticeable stud in it because I liked the idea of having my nose pierced but I wanted it to be discreet and really only noticeable if the light hit it just right. In fact I am surprised with myself that I even went through with it at all. I went to a tatoo parlor in Bucks County to get it done...by myself. I was feeling brave and decided to just do it. I was totally horrifed when I saw the needle and realized they were not going to use a gun. It took him a couple of tries but he did it and once he was done (despite the blood and tears in my eyes from pain) I was glad I had did it. But, I didn't like the gem he put in it so that night I took it out and put another one in that I had bought which totally caused a bloody mess in the process. Anyone knows that you are not supposed to take it out but I was so vain and I was bound and determined to wear the stud I liked. Luckily I got it back in and kept it in for the next few weeks until I was allowed to change it. I am telling you this story because I took out my nose ring (stud, really) about a year ago. Every month or so I would wear it for a few hours to make sure the hole didn't close up. I went through so much blood and gore to get it done I always wanted to make sure I was able to keep the result. Yesterday I thought, "Oh no! I haven't put my nose ring in in a while!!" So I attempted to do it and made my nose bleed a little, OK a lot, in the process. I was only able to get it halfway in and now I am so mad at myself. I can't believe I was lazy and let it close up. It's not like I am planning on wearing it ever again, I think now that I am almost 30 my time is done having my nose pierced, but it just makes me sad that I don't even have the option. I am considering trying once more today but don't know if I can take the blood again. I know, I am weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
30 is the new 20 baby! Do it!! Then, wear it on our NYC trip! You know you can get away with it there! PS, my nearly-36-year-old sister has one and wears it proudly!
Post a Comment