Thursday, March 20, 2008

Today is Maundy Thursday. When I was a kid I thought that that interpreted to Monday-Thursday. I had no clue what it meant. Be sure to take some time out today to remember the special events that happened this day – and everyday thought this Holy Week.

I have been on Christian CafĂ© and Match.com for a bit now. I have tried Eharmony in the past before but my experience with them was not a good one – I think they are all about making money and nothing about matching people. (Long story, which I can tell you in a separate post or email if you’d like.) Anyway, nothing really to note has happened. I am kinda OK with that though... I’m not sure if I can personally go from 0-100 with someone. What I mean is that I would much rather hang out with someone and be friends first, in person, and then have something develop out of that. It is hard for me to start/join in a conversation with someone based on liking their profile. It is just a lot of pressure. I’m not saying Internet sites can’t work. I know three people off the top of my head that met their future spouse that way. It is just hard for MY personality…I just want to fall in love the old fashioned way! But, I am committed to sticking out my membership at both of those sites though. Who knows how God will use them. A little side story though – the other day I got an email from someone on Match.com. In it he said, “No offense…I have heard of she-males but never her-males running around town. LOL!” I have no idea what that means. Is he telling me I look like a guy trying to be a girl? Is he telling me I am ugly? Is he just an idiot who is intent on making someone (me) feel bad about themselves? I don’t know. It did hurt me a bit – I don’t know why a complete stranger would do that. It just reminded me how vulnerable Internet sites can be!!

I can’t lie, it has been WONDERFUL having Jasmin away for the week. She gets home tomorrow. I do look forward to hearing about her week… Only 11 weeks until she returns to Germany.

Today is my Friday. I get tomorrow off which is really nice. Of course I wish I still had a weeklong Easter break like I did when I was a kid but I am still very grateful for the three-day weekend! Tomorrow I need to go get stuff for Jasmin’s Easter basket, mail Kristin’s bday present, and go grocery shopping. I will probably help my mom paint too. (We are finishing painting in my room and painting Jasmin’s room. My dad is also building the deck outside my bedroom and I look forward to that!) Saturday I don’t have any plans. I am hoping to maybe see some friends and/or family. Sunday is church and then I am hosting Easter dinner at my house. I wish I had patio furniture because it would be nice to enjoy the meal outside on my new deck…but we will still be able to sit out there and have just as nice of a time. I still don’t know what to make for dinner and dessert. Any suggestions?

Speaking of Easter, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday. HE IS RISEN!

4 comments:

Tamara B said...

He is risen indeed!

I so wish that I was in Mexicali this week. This morning I thought about looking for an airline ticket and flying out tonight or tomorrow but then I realized its already Thursday. Shoot!

As for the guy, he probably didn't know what he was talking about either!

Anonymous said...

if you are curious about his comment I say ask him what he meant by it, why not he might not have all his marbles.

Ashley said...

Yeah, I did. He didn't reply. So I am thinking maybe it is better that I don't know?? Hmmm...strange!

jen said...

happy easter ashley! hope you're doing well. :)