I have had a crazy past couple of days. On Monday night I had one of my "attacks" come on. (This was my fourth attack. They come on unexpectedly and can last anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours or so. My attack usually consists of intense pain and cramping on my right side and upper back, nausea and vomiting, shortness of breath, faintness, etc.) This attack was so much more worse then normal and I ended up going into the ER where they gave me a Morphine IV and took some blood. They said I probably had gall bladder stones, which after having done some research from my previous "attacks," I knew was probably right.
Yesterday I was sent in for more blood work and an ultrasound. I was then sent to the ER to have a doctor there read them as the tests were sent as "STAT." Anyway, after a 7 hour wait (RIDICULOUS) the doctor told me that I have a polyp in my gall bladder and an infection in my liver. He then took more blood!! (I have become a pin cushion.) What infection exactly I have we don't know - he says possibly hepatitis but that is impossible - I go back into the doctor tomorrow morning. The polyp, on the other hand, is probably acting like a stone (it is actually in my gall bladder) which is maybe why I get so violently sick so quickly).
So, needless to say, this is not how I thought this week would go! I have been off from work but plan on going in tomorrow. Right now I should be at Young Life, but obviously if I don't go to work I shouldn't go to Club. I will miss seeing the kids and leaders. Being home today has been boring!
I will keep you updated on what my doctor says tomorrow. I am so thankful for modern medicine!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
WOW! I can't believe it Ashley. Is there anything I can do? If you are home tomorrow would like some company? I'm praying for you.
I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. Must have had something to do with that flu you had that set it off. I hope you get better soon!
//bob
Eek! I'm sorry you are sick! I hope they figure out what it is soon so that you can be on the mend quickly!
oh no! That sounds terrible...I hope it isn't serious. Will be praying for you! I am sorry I didn't check in sooner...
Post a Comment