Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just a quick update...

Went in to see my primary physician this morning. Hep A, B, and C tests came back negative. (No surprise there, hello!, I'm not a prostitute, drug user, nor an alcoholic.) She said it could be shingles but since I don't have a rash it probably isn't. She said it might be mono (which I highly doubt). Anyway, guess who got to have her blood taken again? Yup, that would be me. That's now four times in the last four days. She said if worse come to worse I will have to have a liver biopsy (EW!) but hopefully we can find out what is causing the infection in my liver before then.

In the meantime I am being referred to a surgical doctor for a second opinion about my gall bladder. The ER doctor told me that a polyp can act like a stone and be what is giving me the attacks but my primary physician disagreed. Regardless, I know I cannot stand any more "attacks" so someone better figure someway to fix it ASAP!! I have been doing some research online and it looks like some stones can be smaller then sand or some can be in the ducts...so maybe that is what is going on? I don't know, I'm not to expert.

I am waiting for the blood test results from this morning and I am hoping to get in and get that second opinion ASAP. For now I am back to work and praying that I can make it through the day w/o getting sick. I am keeping my meds near me and I am taking it easy.

I'll (again) keep you posted. Thanks for thinking of and praying for me! I appreciate all you friends who have contacted me and care!! It means a LOT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you my friend! Definitely let me know how its going!

jerelyn said...

Definitely praying! Keep me posted!! Call me if you need ANYTHING!!