Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am copying and reposting this from a friend's blog. I have not checked the facts (although she claims they are legit). Also, I am sure my preferred candidate has some skeletons in his closet to be displayed as well. That being said, this is MY blog written by me, a Republican, and I am free to post this. Therefore I am not going to apologize for the following which I'm sure will piss off the Democrat readers of my blog. But this is def food for thought...

Body count in the last six months:
292 killed (murdered) in Chicago ;
221 killed in Iraq .
Chicago.... Who Runs it:

Senators: Barack Obama & Dick Durbin
Rep: Jesse Jackson Jr.,
Illinois Gov: Rod Blogojevich,
Illinois House leader: Mike Madigan,
Illinois Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike),
Chicago Mayor: Richard M. Daley (son of Mayor Richard J.Daley)

.....our leadership in Illinois .....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .
Of course, they're all blaming each other!
Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.
Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look 'em up if you want to).
Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois . And he's gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us? Wake Up America !

On a slightly different note, I will be so glad when this election is over. I am so tired of all the commercials, all the mail in my mailbox (how many trees have they killed and trash have they produced by those crappy fliers??), and calls on my answering machine. Plus, I hate debating politics with people. It is so divisive and I would almost rather not know where people stand (and I'm sure they feel that way about me). Because, if I don't agree with them, my opinion of them changes...and I hate that!! I don't want to be that person.

I have shared that I don't really care for either candidate. I am choosing who is the lesser of two evils (for lack of a better term) in my opinion. I do hope that whomever becomes president, that we as a people bond together and respect him and pray for him. It is a big job - a job I know I would not want. And while I'm sure both are in it for just as much fame and glory as a true desire to lead our country forward - they ARE putting their lives on the line.

2 comments:

jerelyn said...

Amazing. Incredible. CRAZY. I'm glad someone is doing their research and getting it out.

I Really Ought To Be Doing Something Else... said...

Sometimes I think that Ralph Nader may be the best candiate to vote for. At least it would be a fresh outlook in the White House!