After that I met my mom and did some shopping at Costco and Target. We also went and saw Fireproof. I had heard a lot of favorable reviews and was really excited to see it for myself. And, I must say that it was a decent movie. The beginning was a bit cheesy and then it got a lot better. I would recommend that you go and see it. I LOVED how they emphasized that we cannot trust our feelings and that we have to "lead our hearts." So, so true!! My only complaint on this movie would be that they do not have the wife becoming accountable for her actions at the end of the movie, but in the final scenes you assume that she has. I worry that this movie is preaching to the choir (as it was very easy to tell that the audience was full of Believers by their comments and actions) but if that is indeed true, many Christians are struggling in their marriages too and God might choose to use this film to speak to them. It is our job to join with that cast and crew and pray that Non-Believers who need to see it happen to see it as well. Am I claiming this movie will cure marital problems? Not at all. I do believe, though, that God will use it to help a lot of marriages to ultimately bring glory to Him.
When the movie was over my mom and I went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. There is now one in Riverpark - where the old Krispy Kreme used to be. I was so THRILLED when I noticed that a Chick-Fil-A was coming to town. Having lived on the EC for three years, Chick-Fil-A had become one of my fave choices if I had to eat fast food for a meal. I was always bummed we didn't have one here in the valley (or any on the WC that I knew of). Now that we have Panera and Chick-Fil-A I am one happy camper!!
Here are two fun pics from this weekend:
Sullivan (26 mos) showing off the lipstick MiMi allowed her to apply herself. This was taken at Ryan's football game on Friday night against Chowchilla (and the Cavs won). She sure is a cutie.
On Friday night I was getting ready to go to bed and I couldn't find Jersey. I then found him in Jerelyn's bathroom - in her sink. I have seen him get in my sink sometimes and take naps. I always thought he did it because it was nice and cool there in the summer...but it would annoy me to no end because I don't want my cat in my sink! Anyway, thought it was funny and took a pic. He will be one on Nov. 1. Sometimes that cat gets on my last nerve, but he is a funny one too.
Tonight I am going to the Amy Grant concert in Visalia. I still love Amy Grant's music after all these years. They bring back great memories from growing up...especially her Christmas album. It will be a fun night and a great way to start off the week!

3 comments:
Silly cat! That was so funny...I KNEW I saw him laying on the bathroom floor last, but I didn't know where he'd gone after that. That sink must be comfortable!
fun update. i saw the movie too and although a bit cheesy at first I think it had a good message. And it was encouragment for me to tell my friends about it. I even bought the book they use for two friends and hope to get them on board to do the challenge with me.
As for the kitty, he did like your sink when we stayed there. he fits so perfectly in there.
LIPSTICK? Holy smokes!
Post a Comment