Monday, July 16, 2007

In passing my brother mentioned this show to me called Man vs. Wild. I had never heard of it before and didn't really think much of it. Well one day I was watching TV and while flipping through the channels I noticed that it was on. From that episode on I have been hooked. Take it from me - you need to be watching this show!

This guy, Bear Grylls, is AMAZING. Basically the show revolves around "dumping" him in the middle of nowhere and allowing him to find his way out. It usually takes him several days and on his journey he teaches the viewer how to survive should they ever find themselves in the same situation. You see him create shelter, make fire, make his way through many obstacles, and find food. If nothing else I watch this show to see what kind of disgusting food he will eat. He eats live snakes (kills them instantly with his first bite), bugs, live fish (although sometimes he does cook the meat), etc. Yesterday he ate a turtle. Of course I don't like seeing cute little bunnies beingkilled or anything like that, but he teaches that in order to get out alive one has to eat to get energy - and he kills them as humanely as possible.

The show flies by and I love it. It is really a show more for guys but I am telling you that I am a huge fan. I wish I had Tivo so I wouldn't miss out on any episodes.

But I haven't told you the best part yet. He is a Christian!! Yesterday I was watching and he started talking about God. I thought, "What? A guy who does a "nature" type show and isn't an evolutionist?" So of course I did my research and, sure enough, he loves the Lord. On his top ten reads he has "What's so amazing about grace?" and "Messy Spirituality." Of course I admire him even more now!

Yeah, he and his show are pretty awesome. It is on the Discovery Channel. Watch it and you will see why the show is so darn addicting.

2 comments:

jerelyn said...

Mark loves that show. I can't stand it. I'm sorry, but why would I want to watch a guy kill live animals and eat them?? Blah. lol. Okay, I do sit through one or two shows occasionally with Mark...but I close my eyes during the killings. :-)

jerelyn said...

And did I mention that sometimes he eats bugs too?? LIVE ONES?? EWWW!!!